is there one in every family?

the holiday's are coming up and i can't help but dread seeing my cousins husband. i'm an only child and she and i grew up like sisters. i love her dearly but i can not stand her husband. he is an arrogant, self-centered, know it all a**. i am always nice to him even though he is only nice when my cousin is around. i have never let anyone, other than my husband, know how i feel about him. but i have heard others in my family say the same things about him, so it's not just me. the ironic thing is he and i went to high school together and we where friends in school (my cousin went to a different school and he and i are a few years older than her). it's just so exhausting. does every family have one or are we just the lucky one's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• That sounds just like my ex-brother-in-law!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Oh, you're lucky to just have one!!! And at least you don't share a bloodline with yours. There are a few in my family I can honestly say I am embarrassed to share blood with! Just worthless, arrogant trash. Try not to let it ruin your holidays though!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have a brother like that and his wife is just as bad. Ugh! Can't really stand to be aound either of them. My husband's oldest sister is like that too.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My BIL is the biggest jerk you will ever meet. Pompous and a "better than you" attitude. It's very difficult to be around him. Thankfully, he lives out of state and he would never dream of coming to visit because we're not good enough for him.
    Anonymous

• No, there are people I like less than others in my family, but nobody a jerk like that.

Answer by Bmat at 12:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• lol sounds like my little brother
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• is your cousin married to my bronlaw? he's the same way, and everyone knows it. he makes everyone uncomfortable if he's in a bad mood, which seems to be everytime he has to spend time with our side of the fam. i know he's a good provider, and loves his family, but dang...he could at least learn to fake enjoying us once in a while!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My ex husband is like that, and my family was glad when I divorced him and married the one I'm married to now. The thing is, my ex's family feels the same about HIM as well! They all wish *I* was their blood instead of him, and many still call me sister...without the in-law. They also claim my new husband as family simply because he's with me, and they like him better than my ex.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008