Anyone else experience this?

i havent bf for over a year and a half but i still have one boob that produces a bit of milk. its not much just a few drops but this morning after i got out of the shower i actually felt a let down sensation. i do have hypthyroidism and i have asked the doc about it and she seems to think that it has something to do with my hormone levels and my thyroid. its nothing that really bothers me just curious if anyone else experience this.

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• I never STOPPED having milk after I had my first daughter and she's 4 now....I also have a thyroid problem but I didnt know that the two things had anything to do with each other....it's only a few drops but yes the milk is definatly still there and always has been...glad to know I'm not the only one lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• A thyroid condition will cause you to make breast milk. I don't have a thyroid condition but at times will still produce a small amt of bf. Usually have any stimulation to breast...including holding a newborn. Weird
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 1:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i never breast fed and my son is 6..sometime i will notice a wet spot on my shirt and if i pinch my nipple it will leak. my doctor said she thinks its from my horomones from being on and off bc...just trying to get adjusted. i've had my blood checked and i don't have any health issues
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• glad to know im not the freak too lol
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• On extremely warm days, I've noticed that on my nipples. I have milk flakes. I had my 3 rd child 3 yrs ago and we werent able to breast feed. I pumped for a while.
    augest1

Answer by augest1 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it may be normal but you should also talk to your doctor because sometimes a leaky breast can mean breast cancer.
    katieGrace

Answer by katieGrace at 3:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011