My 3 year old is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

I love him. We all love our kids. But, I can't stand him. He destroys the house every second of the day. I can't rock the baby because he climbs all over us. When I put the baby down for a nap he slams the door open repeatedly to wake him up. I have to spank him over & over when I'm cooking b/c he pull chairs up to the hot stove. He screams, throws a fit to use the potty, will not eat what I cook & pushes his eight month old brother. EVERYTHING is a fight. It can be something he likes & he WILL turn it into a battle. I never thought I would have this problem. Spanking can only be done so much. I put him in time out. Losing my mind. Makes me hate being at home.

Okay...Thanks for your answere.  But how do I make more time to play with my kids?  I'm always burried under chores.  As it is, I never get to sit down.  I'm always cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, paying bills...etc.  Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• spanking does NOT work that's why it's NOT WORKING. He's responding to YOUR negative energy. It sounds like you are not giving him the same attention you give the little one. He's trying to tell you he needs your attention and you are pushing him away and making him feel unloved. Stop hitting the child. If spanking worked you wouldn't have to repeat it. Give him attention. Sit down with him when the little one is asleep and play with him. You are creating your own stress.
    Anonymous

• has he ever had a doctor referral to therapists to test him for "issues"
    ?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That makes me want to cry. I do spend time with him but I never get a break from kids. Hubby is awlays working or going to school or studying.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it's the horrible 3's i am going through it right now, i give him attention though more than his 5 month old brother positve attention. somebody told me to try one on one time but i do that and he still is like that. it will get better, do time outs and ignore his behavior and don't reward him, make a sticker chart for chores that he can simply do to save u work and time with him. I am doing that with my son he helps me dust, put his clothes away, and wipes up his side of the table. But try simple chores for ur son to help u with cooking or even dishes. I let my son help me with dishes sometimes, he pulls up a chair, i help him up, i wash and he rinses them for me and we both put the dishes on the drying rack. He thinks it is fun, and we are doing it together. plus i know eventually he won't help me with the dishes so i take what i can from him right now
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• HANG IN THERE!!! I have a 3yrs old and a 4yr old .. My husband also works LONG hrs and some times is gone for 24hrs + ... PM me you just want to talk!!
    moe7e

Answer by moe7e at 1:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My son was like that too. I used a homeopathic remedy called chamomile and it works wonders. Also, it is a phase and it will pass but the remedy helps. Good luck :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• there is a difference between SPANKING and HITTING. And dont feel like you need to cry just because hes acting up right now does not mean he has behavior problems and needs a therapist. Its prob. just a jealous thing with the baby getting all you attention. I have a 4 yr old girl that acts up when shes not getting enough of my attention. This phase will pass.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 1:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It will get better! He is probably very jealous of the baby which is normal.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have a three year old boy too. Everything you wrote sounds exactly like my son. I also have a two year old daughter and I am having another boy in two months. What helps me get through the day is to put all house work aside, and sit down with both kids at the same time, and just play with and talk to them. They really need social interaction. Play a board game like memory or candy land with him. help him do a puzzle. My son's favorite thing is to paint. Buy a cheap tin of water color (it's pretty washable) and some construction paper and show him how to dip the paint brush in water and paint. He will make you all kids of artwork. ask him about what he is painting? What is this blob over here? What is this spot? What color are you using now? Then hang it on the fridge to dry and he can show daddy when he gets home (if applicable). A little quality time can help a LOT!
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 2:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• He's looking for attention and you're giving it to him. So he's going to keep doing it.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011