Moving, don't want to take my son out of day care.

My son has been attending his day care since he was 7 months old and he is now almost 3. In a few months we'll be moving about 20 miles away, but I hate the thought of removing him from his day care. I don't want him to go anywhere else. I know someday he will be in school and too old for day care anyway but I don't want to move him right now and the thought of it gives me anxiety attacks. I guess I could drive the extra 20 miles each day (right now it's a mile away) but really, I just need some advice to get over the anxiety of moving him. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD went to daycare from 10 weeks to almost 3.5 years.

I started slow. A couple 1/2 days a week at the new daycare so she could make some new friends before I put her in full time.

Your son needs to learn how to adapt to different surroundings and people. At least a daycare is a safe place for that to happen.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you really love the place, and he's secure there why move him? 20 miles is roughly 20 minutes away, doesn't seem that far to me. Once a week I drive nearly an hour from my apartment to take my daughter to gymnastics. She LOVES the teachers/coaches and I LOVE the facility. There IS a place closer to us, but looking at the pictures online I just didn't like the looks of it. i don't mind the drive in the least, especially when she sleeps for most of it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011