Pregnant cant keep anything down

Im 7 weeks pregnant and i cant keep anything down. Only water and gatoraid.. if i sip it. If i drink it normally it comes back up.
The last thing i was able to keep down was a piece of toast thursday morning.
What should i do ?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 12:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I took ginger root pills when I had morning sickness. It didn't stop the nausea, but it stopped the puking entirely. I threw up maybe once after I started taking the pills. I think I would've ended up in the hospital without them : / They're only $5.99 at GNC for about 150 pills, I never ended up using the entire bottle because my morning sickness went away.

I dunno...it's worth a try =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I tried those with my first.. made me throw up on the spot!! Cant take those!! LOL, thanks though!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• They should have some "preggo pops" at your local maternity store. They worked for me. They kinda tasted like marijuana, though. lol. But DH said he didn't taste it, so maybe it was my imagination...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• try to nibble on something that is salty what works for me is a couple of those lays plain chips the crackers did nothing for me lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• As long as you can drink a teaspoon of water your fine. I couldnt and had to go the hopital to get rehydrated and get a shot every two weeks. During the mean time I had a perscription to make it a little better.
    Non of the natural remidies worked for me and lasted half way through my second trimester. ugg

I would call your doc to tell them and they might give you a scrip to. I would try the natural remidies first. Do a google search, there are ALOT out there.

This was with my third and last, I told my SO that if this would have happend before I would have had my tubes tied Along time ago. I was plagued with ALL of the prego symptoms though, including nose bleeds, that I didnt even now it was a symptom before.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• try oranges, and home made fruit smoothies. The only 2 things I really could eat for 9 months, 3 times!!!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm 33 weeks pregnant right now and I know what you're going through. What my doctor suggested was to eat constantly. Have breakfast, then snack, lunch, then snack, dinner, then snack. You can also try Pediasure so you can get the daily vitamins (I tried that for a couple of weeks until I got tired of drinking it). If you start losing weight, you need to tell your doctor. This happened to me too and the doctor got concerned so he had to put me on Zofran. After taking this pill, I could finally eat without throwing up. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• My cousin was the same way when she was pregnant with her daughter. She could not keep anything down whatsoever, all during her pregnancy she was like that. Her daughter is 2 now, and she now has to have a feeding tube to eat.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 3:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2008