Why is my 5month old acting up lately on his feedings again?

My son turned 5months old yesterday and today he went back to his fussy stage at his bottle again. He only eats half a bottle and then play's with the nipple and if u try giving it to him again he screams and refuses it. He eats every 4 hrs. this morning he woke up at 6:45am and i brought him down by me so he doesn't wake up his older brother. We laid in bed till 7am and i fed him by 7:15 he only drank 5oz out of his 8 before he started playing with the nipple. After 5mins of playing with the nipple he started to scream. So i burped him, he burped a good 3 times and then tried feeding him the rest and he didn't suck he just screamed. So i changed spots with him to see if that helped well then he drank another 2oz, then screamed again. so i finally drained the nipple in his mouth.
then we left this morning to go see daddy and get some shopping done, he was not happy in the store he cried himself to sleep. Got home put him in his high chair so he could watch me put stuff away, and so he can watch me get supper ready in the slow cooker and get his brother's food. At noon he was fussy so i made his bottle, he drank 4oz and started it again with the whole thing he pulled this morning, so i drained it in his mouth.
WHY is he doing this again. The bottle is the right temp, he takes a good nap, and he still does this. It has just been today so far.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It may be a growth spurt. Just let him eat till he is full and then stop. At 5 months, my breast fed was only taking 4 oz every 2.5 hours or so but she would start eating more often rather than more at each setting during a growth spurt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• *hugs* maybe a growth spurt or starting to teeth??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i know he is teething, and that's what the dr said at his 4month old check up, she said there was something going on with his gums cuz they were swollen, and said try tylenol that should help and he will eat for u, i tried that today and no luck, the last time it worked within 15mins after i gave it to him and he then would suck his bottle down, this time i gave him tylenol for his lunch bottle and it didn't work.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Babies won't starve. Just let him eat when he wants and don't force him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• what about trying teething tablets? will he take a washcloth or teether?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• he won't take a wash cloth or teether, or pacifier. he takes his paci for 5mins then takes it out and screams, and then finds his thumb and sucks on it. I have not found the teething tablets any where by me. SO i give him Tylenol and Orjel. I tried wash clothes that works but his older brother takes it way from him and put it down the shoot. And teethers don't work he don't like holding them himself, i hold it and he bites on it like he should but bites sometimes to hard that it hurts him and he don't want it no more.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Teething. My youngest started teething at 4 months. Every time he gets a new tooth he refuses to eat.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• hahahaha i so love this one too
    just don't get overwhelmed i just let ds play with it he is discovering things all the time
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011