How do i get rid of mold and mildew?

My apartment has no central air so ita cold sometimes and hot other and all of that weather changing is making my house get a lot of mold and mildew...help how can i get rid of it?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Supposedly tea tree oil is one of the best things for that, and it's safe for everyone to be around. http://www.care2.com/greenliving/tea-tree-oil-home-uses.html#

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• bleach water and scrub ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What is the mold and mildew on? Bleach works on some surfaces.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• 80% water, 20% bleach will clean your walls and such, but it always grows back. The rundown house we moved out of had a mildew problem so bad that our metal bed frame that was on the floor got covered by the crap. That place had NO insulation and single pane windows. You could also see beams of light streaming in through the cracks in the door.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My Dad told me Bleach water will kill it.. Good luck
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think I just used cleaners like 409 or a cleaner special for cleaning mold. Might try places like menards or lowes and they might be able to lead you in the right way.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011