What to make for a get together?

On Saturday I am having 4 friends and their kiddos over for a playdate. What would you ladies make to eat? I need some new ideas. I usually do pizza,meatballs,sloppy joes or something easy in the crockpot. Please help...

Momto2beauties

Asked by Momto2beauties at 1:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'm always a fan of BBQ for a friend get-together....and if you like cooking in the crockpot (which I love) there are a couple of recipes I found on allrecipes.com for ribs made in the crockpot....they are SO good...the meat just FALLS off the bone. Good Luck with your get together
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• PB&J
    Vegetables and Ranch
    chocolate dipped fruits

It is the best ideas I have :P
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• make your own subs, chicken wings, veg or fruit tray, lasanga and salad, cresents rolls and chicken salad, for the kids can do the subs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, mac and cheese,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• LOL I was going to mention meatballs. 9oz of BBQ sauce, 9oz of grape jelly and half a bag of the Costco meatballs, heat thoroughly in the crock pot/slow cooker and serve over rice. You can also add pineapple. We have found though, that the small bag of WalMart meatballs taste better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• what about finger foods
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011