Zoo?

I was planning on taking my 18 month old to the zoo, before it gets too hot. Do you think he will enjoy it or is it not worth the headache? Any suggestions to make it a pleasant outing?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 1:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Entertainment

• consider a wagon instead of a stroller. something w/ drink holders that he can get in/out of solo. the key to a good zoo trip is balancing getting out and seeing stuff w/ sitting safely during the long walking and boring parts
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• PS most every decent zoo has a baby animal thing going on in april/may so your timing will likely be gr8!
    hibbingmom

• nah, i took my son at that age and he slept the entire time..and cried when i woke him up. not worth it. i say its better when they are closer to 3
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I say GO!! my kids love out trips to the zoo.. i second the wagon idea and make sure you bring snack and some juice or water for the little one
    moe7e

Answer by moe7e at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• use a wagon for leg room and can use when they get tired. Snacks for meltdowns and save on money, sunglasses or hat to keep sun out of their eyes. Sound love the zoo.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i just took my 13 month old she loved it i was very suprised because with my first on (now 4) she slept the whole time. But my 13 month old loved watching the seals and the wolves.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Go, just be prepared to leave at a moments notice and don't try to see everything. Get a map when you get there, and find animals you think he might enjoy that are closer to the front of the park. Our zoo is HUGE and to see the animals in the back its a lot of walking and mostly uphill. Not a fun trek with a screaming toddler. Bring snacks and treats to use as distractions.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Too young, wait until he is 3
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The price of admission would the make or break for me. Like others have said, you might not get to see everything and you might not be there very long. Perhaps consider a membership, and you can make trips throughout the summer and fall. As he gets older, he will get used to the trips and will be willing to stay longer.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It will be wonderful, bring water and an umbrella to shade the baby.
    ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011