Why Have I been so Tired, and why is my 3 year old suddenly take good naps after stuggleing for 2 years with it?

I have been so exhausted lately. I go to bed at 9pm every day and wake up around 7am or 7:15am thats when kids are up. so i wake up, feed my 5month old his bottle, get my 3 year old son dressed, head down stairs make breakfast for me and my son. Then we head out to see daddy by 8:45am. It feels like i have not slept in days and just trying so hard to get my chores done, taking care of kids and getting supper done. I know i have a hard time falling asleep and the good sleep usualy comes for me around 10pm or 11pm.
Now my 3 year old son, since he was 1 years old it was always a struggle at nap time. He would fight me, i would lay him in his bed and he would get out to play, i would put him back in he would do it over, he would do this all day. so finally i had to sit up there with him till he fell asleep. it was like this until he turned 3. all of a sudden he is going down much more easier, and takes a 2hr nap instead of a 1hr nap. I put him down at 2:30 and he falls asleep by 2:45pm and sleeps till 4:45pm. I sometime have to wake him. i still have to sit with him, but i started to slowly stop that, i let him in his room at 2:30 and give him 10mins to fall alsleep with out me there, after 10mins i check on him, if he is sleeping i close his door, and if not i sit with him and is then out by 2:50pm. What had happened to him. I didn't do anything different with him why all of a sudden a change. It has been going on for 3 days now

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 oz glasses a day. Animal products, especially meat and dairy, can leave sap your energy. Highly processed foods, like high fructose corn syrup and white flour, also can leave you feeling weak. There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US; this can leave you feeling droopy; weaken your immune system; intensify ADD/ADHD, migraines and asthma; and make you feel tired; take a magnesium supplement daily (I take cal/mag/D).
    Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes or meal ideas.

Or, you might be pregnant :)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i know i am not pregnant because i had my period, it could be my diet
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011