I'm on the pill for the first time in my life; I acc missed one and had sex that night...pregnant?

I usually take my pill @ 6:30 pm, I'm on Lutera. Last Thursday I was about to take my pill when I realized I hadn't taken Wednesday's, I totally freaked out because I had sex that Wednesday; I don't know what the heck happened; I have 2 pill reminders on my cell phone, just in case. I'm on the pill for the first time in my life (I've been on it for 6 mos); I already have 2 kids so I'm not looking to have another baby. I took my Wednesday's pill along with my Thursday's (at the same time). I'm I at risk for pregnancy? Please help me... I really need to know because I'm on medication; I need to know if I need to stop it. Thanx.

2angelsloveme

Asked by 2angelsloveme at 12:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We can't tell you but all I know is that if you've been on BC for a while it sometimes takes a while after quitting to get pregnant so it just depends. Plus it depends on if you were near of on ovulation or not. Just continue taking them and wait for a period.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i agree with tiffany
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have been on birth control for a long time!! I just stopped taking it last week hoping to TTC # 2 soon. If it works for you like it did for me, then you having nothing to worry about!! If the birth control works really well, you shouldn't get pregnant!! I have missed plenty of pills and never ended up pregnant!! So just wait it out and things should be ok!! Good luck!!
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thanx, girls. I forgot to mention the pill I missed was the one prioir to the last on my second week...
    2angelsloveme

Answer by 2angelsloveme at 1:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• As long as you didn't miss 2 or 3 you are good. Missing one for the first time won't put you at risk. Just don't ever take ortho tri cyclen. I was on that when I concieved twins (who are due this June). Its actually common to concieve while on OTCyc aparently...time for a stronger pill once they are born.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I doubt it. But I would call the doctor on Monday (no hurry) since you are taking meds that are potentially dangerous to a baby. If nothing else, it will ease your mind tremendously.
    pullinkytink

Answer by pullinkytink at 2:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008