Question for christians (from a new christian)

I was raised in a home where my parents didnt really talk about religions, or anything. After I married my husband I started going o church with him, and became a christian, but yet there's still so much I dont understand about it. Like a big thing that bothers me, If he is so forgiving, and loving, why is it that when you are in front of him at the gates of heaven, why doesnt he forgive you of your sins then, and let you go to heaven anyways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• because thats what humans believe happens, the fact is no one really knows, if anything.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've known ppl who live a life of sin & repent before they die & I believe they go to heaven but if you don't want to be forgiven & let the devil have your soul then God gives you that choice. Choose wisely! :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's not that when you get to heaven, you will go to hell if your sins aren't forgiven, it's whether or not you have accepted Jesus as your Savior,and your name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. As for forgiveness, God is very clear, that if you come to Him, humble yourself,and ask for forgiveness, He will forgive you,and remove your sin as far as the east is from the west. Accepting Jesus of course is very important, but when I get to heaven, I'd much rather hear God say "well done, good and faithful servant, enter in and recieve your reward", than to hear "depart from me ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you." THOSE are the ones who claim to be Christians, have never accepted Jesus, and go around in Jesus' name, even though they have no use for Him other than financial, or to gain sympathy, or anything else. It all goes together, and it's all in the Bible. Hope that helps you some. God bless you on your Salvation!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wish I could tell ya. Hopefully someone here can. I have stopped questioning things like this to be honest. I just have faith, I pray for others and for forgiviness. I think the time spent on Earth is your time to live for God and ask for forgiviness. Look at it this way, if your kid was doing something over and over that they KNOW they are not supposed to do, they have recieved fair warnings...would you not punish them because they said sorry after the fact? Or would they still be in trouble? They knew what they were doing was wrong and they continued to be bad. When you get to heaven, to me it's almost like, sorry, it's a lil too late now that you are face to face with the consequences.... that is my take on it anyways. I don't believe that God sends people to hell over ALL sins.
    Rocker.Mom.07

Answer by Rocker.Mom.07 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• its not that he doesn't forgive your sins at the gate, its that you didn't accept Him as Lord and savior of your life, you didn't accept his forgiveness.
    as a new christian i can only encourage you to get into the word and pray for understanding, the holy spirit will open the eyes of your heart and help you understand things.
    fordeeperroots

Answer by fordeeperroots at 2:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am not scared of God. If you do bad things, if you live in sin...you will be punished. If you do bad things on Earth...you go to jail...punished. I live to be a good person and do good things...in return I will be rewarded...how is that scary?
    Rocker.Mom.07

Answer by Rocker.Mom.07 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you've accepted Jesus as the son of God and have repented for sins, then you'll go to heaven. The people who are turned away are the ones who've chosen not to believe. God gives us all free will knowing we'll either chose to believe in him or not. So if we turn him away in this life, then he'll continue to honor that choice in the next.
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Some people do believe that people will be forgiven after they die. If God is really loving and forgiving, he wouldn't send any of us to eternal torture.

CRoseJS4

Answer by CRoseJS4 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think the life we live hear matters, there's a purpose to it. I don't know exactly what Heaven looks like or exactly what happens to our souls when we die  I just believe that it matters how much love, compassion and mercy we show towards others in this life.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Not all of us (Christians) believe in hell. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011