Hubby brought home some meat & I'm not sure how to cook it...

I assume it's pork. :D I know that sounds funny, but it doesn't say. It looks like pork. It is packaged like a pork roast, yet the label says "boneless loin honey mustard chops". It does not resemble chops in the least to me. It's 1.5lb and I'm just not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions??

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• That would be pork. Boneless loin chops are a pork loin sliced into boneless chops. It's been marinated in a honey mustard marinade. If it's not sliced into chops, you could easily do that yourself. Frying pan, oven baked, grilled, crock pot, anything would work to cook it/them. You want a temp of 165 or higher in the thickest part, or even higher if you're unsure.
    Anonymous

• call the local store meat dept , and ask what it might be , or chuck it - you never know
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Cook it tell it is done. Sence you are not sure if it pork or not. If it is roast size. Treat it like a roast.

Answer by louise2 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• :D LOL I know, I think I wanna know what animal it came from too. But we live in a tiny town & the options are scarce, so I'm not afraid of it being anything "exotic" if ya know what I mean. :D. I'd bet money it's pork... it looks like a roast but it's pinker.... like pork. Not so "beefy".
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Find out what it is first!?
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• So just throw it in the oven right outta the package til juices run clear? That's sounding good to me. Maybe I'll throw in some frozen veggies with it & stuffing...
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The only reason I'm asking is we've had hamburger dishes the last 3 nights & all I have to work with is what is in the freezer. I can't leave the house because I'm recovering from a c-section and I have my 2 yr old and my newborn. <:) Hamburger pie, Hamburger helper, mostaccoli & hamburgers are all getting old. :\
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• :D He better not bring home dog!! :X Although he does like exotic foods like frog legs & alligator tail & stuff like that... but they don't sell stuff like that at the stores around here... (thank goodness)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Thank you so much!!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011