Screaming 3 month old help

So my son has been sick a total of 2 months now.

we went to the hospital about 2 weeks ago and he was hospitalized cause of severe dehydration for 3 days. they tested him for Hep A, RSV and Flu..all of which now have come back negative. He's been on the mend for about a week and we thought was fully recovered..he was finally able to hold down 5-6 ounces..but was always hungry..we were feeding him every 1-2 hrs on the dot.

Last night however he started screaming. Blood curdling screams after eating only one ounce of food..and you cannot do anything to comfort him. and he refuses to eat anything else unless you basically hold the bottle in his mouth and he gulps it down while he screams. i thought it was just due to being over tierd cause he ate normal this morning and cried for a while then fell asleep. But at daycare she fed him one ounce and then onset of the screaming till he passed out for 15 mins..woke up and proceeded to do it again.

So i tookl him to our local clinic where they told he its just fussiness as they listened to him scream for 40 minutes and refusing to take neither his bottle or binki. so i brought him home and he was sleeping for a while and until he got hungry again. So i attempted to feed him..One ounce..great. i thought he was ok and then he started screaming again. and so i rocked him enough where he cried threw his whole bottle..suckling cause hes hungry but not really wanting to eat it. and afterwards he screamed and cried and threw it all up. and then he was fine for a bit.

idk what to think it may be. He onlys vomited once during this whole thing. what do you ladies think? should I take him to another hospital and have them check him out again?

SweetPoison

Asked by SweetPoison at 2:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• perhaps whatever formula you are feeding him hurts him, i'd scream, cry and avoid eating too if the only food i'm offered causes me excruciating pain
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would suggest trying a "gentle" version of formula or even putting a couple of the infant gas drops into the bottle
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• he seems perfect besides this. hes happy and smiling and sleeping ok and even his poop is normal. idk what to think. im scared and frustrated that everyone is just saying its normal for a basby to scream like this for 40 minutes till they pass out .

SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• maybe..hes on soy now and has been doing fine with it since he was born.
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it was normal for mine to scream all the time but on the other had if he's on formula he might be allergic to it we had to change my sons formula two times.Or he could be getting colic
    cascarlisle

Answer by cascarlisle at 2:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Have they checked him for Pyloric Stenosis? My grandbaby just had surgery for that. It's a muscle below the stomach that is enlarged and won't let the food flow through right. Is the child gaining weight and dirtying a diaper? If it was just at home I'd think it could be environmental like mold in the house. Bless his heart. No it's not normal to scream for 40 min. Even in Crying it Out they say only 15 minutes.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• maybe he's lactose intolerant.. have you tried him on lactose free / nutramigen or alimentum>? my son was and did this the WHOLE time eating and I got no help and changed formulas 5 times and he was not better and didn't stop til he was 12 months and on regular food - don't wait that long!!!! try gripe water to ease the pain at the moment until you get that in his system.. good luck -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• they checked for it when we went in to the hospital the last time and found nothing. and no he hasnt gained much weight since the beginnin of Feb. we FINALLy got him to gain about 10 ounces and hes up to 13lbs now. and no hes doing it anywhere..Daycare, the clinic and home.
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• They checked for what?? how did they check for lactose issue in an infant?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No they checked for Pyloric Stenosis and he doesnt have it. Now they are saying hes Colic..but Colic babies scream ALL the time. he only does it after he eats. i've had alot of ppl say he could have a hernia in his esphongus (srry cant spell) and I told the dr. maybe we need to check it and hes like 'no its too rare for a baby to have..hes colic" and sent me home. I told them if my son doesnt get better and he delicines anymore and they keep tellin me its nothing. I will sue them .
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011