Anyone taking Concerta

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Both my kids are on Concerta. My son was diagnosed at 3 with ADHD and was started on focalin because it was the only drug rated for under 6 years. My daughter was diagnosed in 1st grade. We started her on Adderall but she had every single side effect. We cleaned her system out and started on Concerta and she's been on it ever since. She is a freshman in high school taking 54 mg and my son is in 7th grade taking 72 mg. Both kids take it at breakfast at 6:30 am. They both burn it off by 6 pm. If they have evening activities I have a booster med to get them through the evening. They don't have trouble sleeping or eating.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, my 13 yr. old son has been taking Concerta since he was 11. We were resistant to medication for his adhd for a long time and tried several "natural" approaches. None of them helped very much. The Concerta works pretty well for him. He is way more orgainzed and focused with his schoolwork. The only negative is that if he doesn't take it early in the day he has trouble falling asleep at night.
    cege

Answer by cege at 2:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011