How do you feel about gun ownership?

My husband bought another gun today making me think of all the regulations on gun ownership. Do you think taking guns away from law abiding citizens would increase or decrease the safety of th american people? I believe it would take guns from the law abiding citizens but keep guns in the hands of criminals overall decreasing safety.

sydash11

Asked by sydash11 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Bottom line you ban guns the only people who will have them are the criminals who don't give a crap about our laws anyway.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• As has already been proven in other countries and select areas of the US, restricting gun access increases crime and makes people less safe. If there's any doubt, examine how many dictators through history immediately banned guns as soon as they rose to power.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• As has already been proven in other countries and select areas of the US, restricting gun access increases crime and makes people less safe

yup.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with you. Gun laws only affect law abiding citizens- criminals will have whatever they want.Maybe if more law abiding citizens had guns, there would be less crime. I don't know. Personally, we have hand guns and rifles for hunting. I am getting my permit to carry because of some recent crazy stuff in the news, and my DH is too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We have guns and it is comforting to know I could use them if necessary.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There will always be a black market for guns. Making them illegal to law abiding citizens would be crazy. We need to teach more gun safety, not gun scary stories.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree OP...and I'm a gun owner--hubby too! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• there are gun laws in place, and more needed so bad people cant or at least not so easily get guns.

Mentally ill, felons....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We have them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Pass more laws so they can be as effective as the laws in place that are already supposed to stop those bad people from getting them?

Makes perfect sense.

You can make me jump threw a thousand hoops to own a gun and I will do it....... I obey the law. I am not the one you need to worry about though. What is so hard to understand about a criminal they don't care and will continue to steal them.

Even if you outlaw guns, I will not own one, again because I obey the law. But criminals will just make them and sell them to other criminals.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011