How much weight could I expect to lose ?

I have started to workouts ( i follow the Biggest Loser cardio dvd) and I was 2-3 miles a day ( 5 days a week ).... If I consume under 1400 calories a day ( it seems to be a different amount everyday - but will stay under 1400).....

Now just with that info, what would you guess that I could lose and in what amount of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• *** I meant to say I have started to workout ( not workoutS ) ... and I was 2-3 miles a day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well eating calories is not the only thing you have to watch. You have to watch your fats, sugar, sodium, and carbs. But keep in up for a month to three months to see the results you want. As long as you are not too over weight.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It all depends on what your metabolism is like. Every one is different. I think by the second week you'll get a feel of what you will be consistently losing at least. You always start out losing a lot because your body is going through shock....the low amount of calories and the working out. Good for you though! xoxoxo

CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The problem with this idea is that you are just grabbing a number of calories to eat with no actual knowledge of what your body actually needs. You need to have your BMR calculated first. This is the number of calories that YOUR body needs daily to function properly...everyone's is different. From there, you can figure out how many you need to maintain and then to lose weight.
    For instance, I am 35, 5'1" and 110 lbs. My BMR is 1255. I work out 6 days per week intensely, so I would multiply that number by 1.55 to get 1945 calories. That is how many calories I would consume to maintain my current weight. To lose 1 lb per week, I would decrease that # by 500...11945-500=1445. I have to consume between 1255-1445 cals per week to lose weight. You have to do the math...you cannot just grab a # out of the air. If you eat too little you will either gain or hit a plateau. PM me your height, weight, age and workout schedule and I will
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• do the math for you. You really need to know your starvation mode number before deciding on how many calories you will eat daily.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• just remember u start lossing weight fast and all of a sudden u stay at a constent weight then u gain because u start making muslces
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 12:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Hard to say, it all depends on how many calories you burn. Under 1400 seems like a low starting point. You should do 1500-1600 to start and work your way down to 1400 as the weight starts to come off, that way, your body doesn't get too freaked out by the drastic cut in calories right off the bat.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If you're doing hardcore working out (five days a week at least), you need to take in the calories for it. I think if you start out with at least 1400-1500 calories a day (in healthy snacks), you'll probably have a steady weight loss of 1-3 pounds per week.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• 1-2lbs a week.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011