Best bottles for breastfed babies?

What are the best bottles for breastfed babies, for those times when we need to pump and feed or supplement with formula?
With my daughter we tried the playtex drop-ins and they were awful, they gave her horrible gas. The playtex ventair bottles weren't so bad, but I'm pretty sure there are better bottles out there.
What kind of bottles did you use, or do you recommend? What are the pros and cons?

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the Avent bottles and my DD took to them just fine. They were actually the only ones I tried so I don't have much to compare them to but they worked well for us. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It all depends on BABY. But the gassiness? All bottles CLAIM to reduce it. But I haven't seen one yet that doesn't have an equal number of fans and detractors.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I used Avent. Never had a problem with those.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My fourth son would only take breastmilk from a bottle called Breasflow....i think it is made by The First Years.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I used avent, they aren't good for mixing formula though (it tends to leak if you shake it) so mix it in a container and pour in. I would pump and put the milk in those. For my second, someone gave me Dr Brown's natural flow. It really does depend on the baby. I haven't had any confusion with nipple confusion.. on my end.. he tries to get the milk to let down on the bottle (by doing that tongue vibrating thing)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011