SAHM's How do you find time to clean & be a good parent?

In relation to my other post:
I guess I do need to spend more time with my kids but My house is trashed if I'm not always cleaning it & the laundry seems to always be piled up. I clean all day just to make it liveable and by the end of the day it's destroyed again. How do I find a balance? I want to teach my 3 year old his abc's and play with him & spend time with my 8 month old. I try to clean late at night or early in the morning and I can't keep it up. My house gets bad, really bad it i neglect it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• you do what you can.. find a schedule that works for you with cleaning. and just do the best you can. no one is perfect. i clean everyday and it never looks like it by the time i go to bed.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You just have to learn to incorporate your child into your daily chores. My son is only 17 months, but he "helps" me, lol. Granted, it takes about twice as long as it would if I were doing it myself, but it still gets done. He helps me unload the dishwasher, make the bed, unload the laundry, put it away, etc. I also clean during his naps some days and when he gets up. I pretty much do it every chance I get. I also stop many times to play with him, though, and that keeps him from getting bored. If you keep up on it, it'll never get too bad or become too much to handle. I know what you mean, though, it can be tough. I'll clean something only to turn around and it's destroyed five minutes later. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You don't let it get trashed, that's how. Organization and discipline in keeping things ut away when not in use will make a huge difference. There's n reason you can't be a good parent AND keep a clean, tidy house. Its an ongoing process...just like motherhood.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I clean during nap time and while they do fun activities that to do need my attention. Sometimes I clean while they eat lunch.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my gma told me my house is a home for a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old its not expected to be spotless. as long as its safe and there is no food on the floor. alot of the time i just make sure dishes and cloths are picked up and the house is moped and swept. the toys are going to be every where as long as the kids are awake. once they go to bed i clean up the toys
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Time management.
    Anonymous

• I have learned that you can't do it all. What I do is the laundry once a week. Tidy the house once everyone lay it down for bed. If you do all of the family cooking, make two meals at a time and freeze one. Parenting is hard we just make it look easy. Good luck
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I also want to add...my child always comes first. My most important job is spending time with him, and I clean \around that. That's why I'm always so busy, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My house is out of control all the time but whats worse, having a bit of a mess or spending those moments with your child that you will never get back. I opt to do those special moments instead of cleaning often times. Now this leaves me with a rush clean once or twice a week where I go insane & run around like a chicken with my head cut off upset over the mess but eh whatever lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I find the time to clean, do laundry, play and teach my kids and I also work. How hard can it be?? Your lucky you don't have to go to work too.
    Anonymous