Ever have days when it feels like ALL you do is fuss at your child?

3 year old DD is generally well behaved, but she is into everything today! I'm feeling guilty because I just keep having to fuss.....seems like thats been my whole day!

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh my gosh YES!!! I feel like a yelling broken record. Get down from there! That's hot! Stop hitting your brother! You better not pee on the floor! Pick that up right now! What did I say!.......UUUGGHH!!!
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 3:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have 5 kids so someone is always getting fussed at mostly bad attitudes and i've just gotten where i make them set down and write me a paragraph on what their problem is.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I guess my day was yesterday. No one could do anything right and I fussed up until I went to sleep. My problem I think is I'm PMSing.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have those days too. my son is always into everything and he never listens to me and i normally have a high tolerance and a lot of patience but i've had my days where i just fuss fuss fuss. everyone has them. don't feel too bad about yourself. when your children have children they will understand haha
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• lol i wish mine were old enough to write me a paragraph. i would love to read their emotions on paper rather than hear them express it so vividly all the time!

as to your question OP.. yes i have days like that, my children have their good days and bad days. today is a bad day for me, lot of stress and its making me irritable and impatient. im just reminding myself to take deep breaths when i start getting agitated for no reason.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I get those days every day
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yeah, this has been my day:

"What have I told you about touching that? It's hot!"
    "Are you supposed to play with my phone?"
    "Don't climb on the stairs"
    "Argh!!!" (after discovering her in the bathroom with my makeup scattered - half a thing of eyeliner on her face)
    "WHERE are my car keys?! Did you press the panic button?!?" (car keys were in her closet - so yeah, she pressed the panic button and then panicked and hid them.)
    "The couch is not a jungle gym!"

And on, and on, and on.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh my , my days are like this on most day
    Don't jump on the couch u will get hurt
    be nice to ur brother (by this i mean no taking paci or his blankie and don't bounce him or climb on him he is a baby)
    take ur nap
    Pick up ur toys
    Do we play in the kitchen
    Do not slam doors u might pinch ur finger in it
    No running in the house
    Share ur toys with ur friends
    No spitting, hitting, or biting
    no biting the couch
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 6:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011