What should i do when my kid dont want to be in time out.

i put her in time out and she just gets up and runs off or she will though a fight. and even some times she will bite my husband and i if we put her in time out.

rickmanmom

Asked by rickmanmom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've literally had to sit in front of my son and make sure he doesn't move. Or hold him in my lap.
    Anonymous

• Everytime she gets out put her back until she stays. Put your foot down and let her know who the boss is.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• all you can do is have a designated spot. and have a timer, and set it for one minute for each year they are ( if she is 2 she gets 2 minutes time out) and everytime she gets up or tries to fight you then you reset the timer. and if all else fails. you put her in time out and sit right there with them to let them know that they are not getting up. do not talk to her even when she gets up just put her back and restart the timer. even if it takes an hour, you have to be persistant or she will think that she wins. hope this helps
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I never understood timeout so I can not relate. If she is not listening it because your allowing her to do her own thing. Once I told my kids to do something they did it. If I had to spank them I did. It will get worst because she is seeing how far she can push you. Kids are really smart and most of the time they are testing you to see what they can and can not get away with.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My children have literally taken two hours or more to sit in a 2 minute time out. This is where you leave NO room for negotiation. Every time she leaves the time out area you put her back, and keep putting her back until she does her time. You DO NOT talk to her or negotiate or reason. She is GOING to do her time out even if it takes all day to do it.

She's testing y'all and you need to let her know in no uncertain terms who's in charge. (side note: they only really pushed my buttons like this a handful of time each before they settled down and did their time out)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011