Are You a SAHM or a Working Mom?

I know there are some great Mom's here and I was just interested in knowing which type of Mom works best for you, and wanted to share my story.

I'm a SAHM now but I have done both, I worked part time for the first year of my daughter's life and my sister who loves her very much was providing care. I honestly thought I HAD to work to help make ends meet. When my sister could no longer watch her I thought I'd have find child care for her but honestly could NOT bring myself to do it!
My husband came home and I was sitting on the floor with the list of Day Care's in one hand and the phone in the other and bawling because it hurt me to think of her being with someone other than family all day. We made a budget and made it work for us, I have been at home for nearly 6 years with two children and wouldn't trade raising them for the world =) I get to kiss every bo-bo, wipe every tear, anwer every question, and yes - sometimes I feel like I might go a little nuts but isn't that the case with any job?

What's your story?

sissy15

Asked by sissy15 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am a SAHM to my 3yo daughter. I've been a SAHM since she was born but used to work 60+hrs a week before that 7 days pass my due date. I am happy to have these years with my daughter & this is all I want for children period. I love being involved in her life I run the local playgroup, have a FB page for local events & am involved in the community. There are however, my days where I am sick of it all & miss working but I realize I wont get this time back so I try to enjoy it & savor it as much as I can.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My story - I have 1 son and HAVE To work -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and raising 2 boys and i do babysitting in my home to make some extra money
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have worked full time since my daughter was 6 weeks old and do not regret it at all. I love my daughter but I also love my job and the sence of independence it gives me. I feel like I have found a pretty good balance between work and family.
    Toby7

Answer by Toby7 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am a WAHM, but I can't keep my kids home (I have production and things to meet)I went back to work when both my kids were 8 weeks old. It is what works for us. I have been at my job for 13 years and I make the most money and have great benefits. I really like my job and could not imagine it any other way. I never considered staying home, but I give Kudos to the moms that can or want to. :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've done both. At the moment I'm a WOHM to three kids.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I quit my job when I was 4 months pregnant with my oldest. I had gotten a job when she was 4 months old after my husband lost his but my mother died a couple days after I started and I never went back. My husband then got a good paying job at Southwest Airlines. I've been a SAHM for 11 years now with 5 kids (10, 9, 8, almost 5 and almost 8 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am a working mom. When my DD was born I was lucky enough to have a very flexible boss, and I cut my hours back to about 4 hours a day and brought my DD to the office with me. Thru a combination of a baby bjorn, a swing, and some baby-loving coworkers she was happy to be at the office and I could nurse her on demand. My DH was laid off when DD was about three months old, so then he would stay home with her and bring her to my office everyday around lunch so that I could nurse her. When my DD was 7 months old my DH got called back to work and I knew she was too old to be happy just being held or in a swing all day so we found a wonderful in home daycare and my DD has thrived there with her little friends to play with. I thought I could never send her to be with someone else all day but she loves it and I am so glad to have her there learning and playing all day, but I'm glad I could be with her at her littlest.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i'm a SAHM.. we have soon to be 6 kids and it would take all my check and half of dh's for me to work so all in all it would cost us more to me to work then for me to stay home. which i enjoy caring for my family and being home all the time. just wish i had some kind of skill i could sell on esty or ebay to help bring in some money.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 4:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am a single mother of 4 kids so I have no choice but to work :-(
    conchita07

Answer by conchita07 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011