Could baby be coming soon?

I was in the hospital twice a week ago. Each time i was checked and i wasnt dialated at all and my cervix was thick closed and high. Now i went to an appointment today and found out im dialated at 1 and 1/2 centimeters.

Could this mean the baby is coming soon since i dialated so quickly?
Is there anything i can do to speed up the process without hurting baby?

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No. I was dilated for two months.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i wasn't dialated until my 37 week appointment and i was about that and week 38 i was a 2, 39 i was 2 and a half and 40 weeks i was 3 and a half and my son came late. how far along are you?
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i'll be 37 weeks on thurs. Im measuring a week ahead
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i was 4cms with my last pregnancy for a month before he was born. i felt like a walking time bomb and could go into labor at any second. To get things started and to get that 5cm mark so i can go into the hospital and finally meet him i did everything, sex, walking, ride a bike, even small jumping and my husband took me for ride in the black car (more bumpy than the van and that didn't work either. So a week before he was due we went in and they induced us becuase he was so big, and they didn't know if i could push him out if he got any bigger. He was an 8lb 3oz 20inch baby compared to my first who was only 5lbs 4oz and 18inches. I am only 4'11 and weigh in at only before my first 105lbs and after him i was stuck at 112lbs before i had my baby, after him i am stuck at 123lbs i got up to 160lbs with him.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was 4 cms during my last pregnancy for a month. Dilation does not mean anything in regards to labor. Heck, I went to the hospital the night I gave birth, and was 6 cms! I didn't even know it!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think most people I know are dilated anywhere from 1-5 or more for weeks sometimes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011