Math help for 5 year old

Does anyone know any good math websites for a average 5 year old who is struggling with number recognition from 15-30. Any workbooks or websites. She is really struggling and teacher is little help. She is at grade level for reading not ahead or behind. Any different ways you taught your child and would like to share that would be great. I bound and determined to teach this to my child. Wish I would have kept her out of kindergarten and extra year !!!!!!!!!

ramajil

Asked by ramajil at 3:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She sounds just fine, just because she is having minor problems in one area, dosnt mean you should have kept her from going to school. I would just either get or make your own flash cards, practice practice practice! Have her count things, like pennies, rasins, marshmellows, and then have her write down that number on paper. SHe will get it, she is young still, dont worry.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have seen math workbooks at Toys R Us and places like Borders bookstores. Maybe something like that would help. Make it fun and interesting so she enjoys it. You can Google math websites too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• do you have number flash cards?
    even if you flash in the morning and evening could be enough to help a lot!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Brainy Baby videos- My f our year old recognizes and identifies numbers up to 29 from watching those. Otherwise, counting by using things she loves would be good. Write down the numbers in order on a strip. Let her decorate it. Make a big deal- use feathers, glitter, whatever she loves. Hang it by her bed or in the bathroom or somewhere she would see it often.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• www.math.com

Also, you can get workbooks at Walmart. Also, just point out the numbers. She has to memorize them and that takes practice. Put up number strips in her room or in a hallway, use flashcards will help too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would get a workbook and make some flashcards.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• workbooks, or just flash cards. starfall.com is a good website, and the Nick Jr. site has some good things.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think you just need to make her learning more interactive by these I mean you can sit with her and help her count pennies,chocolates or other things and tell her that she will get some surprise gift if she gets it right.This definitely helped my son tom.

Now about the sites you asked you can google it there are plenty of sites available on internet,but I used to take some free online tutoring @tutorvista this was a great help. 

tomsmom124

Answer by tomsmom124 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2011