Hair extensions anyone?

I am thinking about getting the Microbead hair extensions. I have a stylist friend who can put them in for me for A LOT cheaper than in most salons and I got a kick butt deal on some nice hair.
Do any of you moms have extensions? Love them, hate them?

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 3:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I used Great Lengths extension for years. I was totally addicted. My husband finally convinced me to take them out. Extensions will ruin your hair and you will eventually need to take them out, cut your hair and let it grow back in. I did that and I'm so happy I did. Extensions are a pain in the ass. Not to mention expensive. Not sure what people are talking about with the washing. I washed my hair every day. No issues there. Maybe with the weft type of weaves it'd be an issue.
    Anonymous

• HUMAN HAIR OR WHATEVER HAIR HAVE BEEN HAIRDRESSER FOR 20 YEARS AND HAD THEM PUT IN PROPERLY THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WASHING YOUR SCALP, MO SHE ASKED I GAVE MY OPINION, SHE MIGHT LOVE THEM
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i hate them. i like washing my hair every couple of days.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• They were awful...never again, just cant wash like you need to!!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 3:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• for the ladies above, thats why human hair and the right instillation are key.

i'd love to give my daughter extensions, i'm thinking for christmas next year.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• btw i'm a stylist and know how to add them so just gotta get the extensions :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• They are a pain in the ass, but as long as you take care of them you will be fine, the quality of the hair is KEY it can get matted and down right nasty if it is poor quality
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my friend put human hair extensions in my hair and i loved them ! I has to dye the hair to match mine and i was wanting to make my hair longer so that i why i choose to get them. They looked and felt just like my hair. I got them from sallys for about 40 dollars. oh yea AND THEY WERE SEW INS.
    blaykesmom09

Answer by blaykesmom09 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011