I'm sick of the same questions, doesn't any 1 read pregnancy/early childhood books or go to counselling for their problems anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Look you vote downers, do you really read some of the questions around here? Apparently not!
    Anonymous

• check out groups or another area of cafemom if answers section is boring to you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Stop reading them. Simple. Some people like interaction.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Why come on here then?
    Anonymous

• As compared to what,coming on here?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I read a pregenancy book my first pregnancy and read what to expect first year with my first DD. Didnt find the need to do so again, and no I dont go to counseling for every problem I have.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm 51 yrs old & have 4 kids & 1 grandchild. I never needed to read a single pregnancy/early childhood book. And, have never spent a minute with a shrink. Books are simply that person's (the author) opinion. Read 10 books, get 10 different opinions. Which one to believe in...hmmmm. I choose to live life by experiencing it for myself. Not by the guidelines or standards of someon else just because they put their thoughts together in a book. As for a shrink...not gonna go there because I'm sure there are people who truly need them. But, I will say, that they can only help you by what you tell them. And, not telling them the WHOLE story (which most people don't) doesn't get you the help you need and is therefore a waste of money.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What if the mom can't understand what she had just read in a pregnancy book about someone elses views on pregnancy. And not everyone is comfortable with speaking with a councilor who knows minimal to nothing about them but is more comfortable talking to other moms who go through the same stuff on a day to day basis. If you don't like the questions skip over them to the next one. I mean I understand what your saying but You kinda have to understand their situations you know?
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 3:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It really bothers me that some many people seem to be so clueless. Some of the questions I see on here are simple logic for goodness sake! Makes me scared that they are actually taking care of another human being.
    Anonymous