I am done having kids not that i do not love the ones i have but we are struggling

My kids have medical issues. and they are 8 and ten years old. i am almost 38. we are not in the best shape financially, i have no medical insurance on myself or my hubby. i want to be fixed but i heard of something that can be done in the office and is less intrusive for women but i forget what it is called. i wanted to find out how much it is and what the complications are from doing this. i keep wanting to say essure but i am not really sure. anyone know? thanks.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• im pretty sure you are talking about Essure. it's an in office procedure where (i think) they make small incisions in the abdominal area, go in, burn or cut the tubes and leave them that way. of course i have never had it done, and don't know anything about it other than the bits and pieces i've heard.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I know of a procedure that's quick, easy & virtually painless for women, it's called a vasectomy! -lol Hope you can talk him into it! GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Google Essure. They go in through your cervix and insert something in your fallopian tubes to block them off. I was reading up on it because I too am getting permanent birth control and wanted to check out all my options.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have a bit different understanding of Essure...to me it sounded like they dilate you and go in vaginally...insert springy things into your tubes, and then the tubes grow around the springs and "cut off" the path from your ovaries to your uterus so your eggs don't drop anymore. There is a waiting period where the tubes "grow closed" though, and you have to have a fertility check to see when you can start relying on it. It sounds a lot less invasive than other procedures. Still, there is no going back...so be sure!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• LOL @mrsmom =) my hubby had one done too, and his recovery was very easy according to him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i wish he would but he is afraid that he would have to take time off work and he cannot really afford to miss work
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011