Not a question, more of a confession n wanting people to get help if they suffer too

in the past 6months i've had problems with my marriage and someone who tried to split us up, i've dealt with depression since leaving england a year ago, i let so much get to me n let people even make me like i was bad mother, wife and even person and no-one should make people feel like that even when pregnant as im now 6months gone, so i did suffer bad with depression to the point of being suicidal which i am very ashamed of cos i dont feel like a good mum for that but i went and got help and stayed in hospital for a week just after new year, and i realised then my daughter is the only reason why im here and i done it all for her so i could be a better mum to her and her sister when she is born. i am very ashamed of feeling how i did, cos i have a 2year old who needs me and one on the way who has felt everything i have, me and my husband are getting help with our marriage and the person who tried to split us up has left, so we are going back to our normal old ways of a couple again.

angelbaby1323

Asked by angelbaby1323 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I hope you will continue to grow & to heal. You are right, your children need their mum & you should never consider "checking out" as an answer to any of your problems. EVER! Glad you are still with us! Good luck w/ everything!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good luck, angel. The amazing and wonderful thing about you is that you have gotten help and are working on staying emotionally healthy! Don't get down on yourself, we should judge ourselves on how we deal with problems, not the fact that we have them.

I hope everything continues to get better :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• thank you fro your support
    angelbaby1323

Comment by angelbaby1323 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Your story almost sounds like mine. Do not be ashamed it happens to the best of us. I am so happy today and I am glad that I did get help because I am a better person today. Keep strong and know that it all gets better. As for the person that tried to break up your marriage never tell anyone what goes on in your home it might come back to bite you in the butt. Take care and good luck on the new baby and your family.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 4:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Everyone is right, this kind of thing does happen to the best of people. Even sometimes for no reason what so ever. I suffer from Depression Disorder and often feel devastating waves of depression for no particular reason, and it can be the most hopeless feeling in the world. Even if you think getting help is for the "weak" (as it is perceived often), admitting to yourself that you need help and seeking out that help is just about the strongest thing you can do. Its way easier to roll over and let these problems run your life, it takes courage and strength to fight them, which you have done. You have found strength to go on in your children, and that is the best kind of mother there is. Good luck with everything.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Remember to take care of yourself first. This is NOT a selfish statement. You need to be happy, healthy and adjusted in order for you to take of your little ones. An unhappy momma cannot take care of children. I hope you have been to a doctor. There are many medications out there for depression. You say you are pregnant. There are meds you can take even being pregnant so talk to your doctor. If you suffer from depression now you may get a bad case of PPD so please talk to your doctor about that too. Be strong.

laura67-boo

Answer by laura67-boo at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• wow that is a terrible story, I hope all works out for you, you need couples counseling
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have the meds been taking them since i got the help after new year, i also see a therapist as well for the depression, my family n friends have been a great support even my husbands supervisors at work have been great as well, they gave him some time off so he could be here with me so we have been spending as much time together as we can with having a toddler running around, im just taking each day as it comes and talking more about how im feeling
    angelbaby1323

Comment by angelbaby1323 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would say, don't feel ashamed. But that's easier said then done. I have felt like you did. Though it wasn't because of someone trying to come between us. It was totally within me. Luckily, my hubby was/is totally stubborn, and wouldn't let go.
    There are a few songs that I thing are/were me. Unwell by Matchbox 20. And Pinks new song, Perfect. Well, the version I have is 'F'ing Perfect', which I like better. It's more raw. It's hard to say why they still are me. Those parts of me will always be parts of me.
    And, there are 2 songs that lift me up, Fake It by Seether and Firework by Katy Perry.

I am one that does not think suicide is selfish. Many do. To feel that way is absolutely horrible. And at that point, you feel that everyone would be better off. They wouldn't, but, you know. It's great you are working on things. I do hope you get to the place you want to be sooner rather then later.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011