Is 47 to old to have long hair in your opinion?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think so. In my opinion one really has nothing to do with the other! :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You can wear your hair any way you want at any age... That's the beauty of being a free person living in a free world!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i think when women get older they look better with shorter hair, it complements them. i don't mean Halle Berry short but joy behar and hoda kotb short.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• not at all , im older than that , and my hair is down to my crack and natural wavy
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think it depends on how your skin has aged. If you dont look your age, then keep it long. I am in my early 40's & have long hair. I am guessed at younger. But once I start to look "haggy", then I will start by cutting it to shoulder length.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It looks better on some than others.
    My mom turned 60 yesterday and her hair is past her shoulder blades. I think it looks nice, it's not just straight, but layered and she has bangs. She colors it because she doesn't like her "salt and pepper" hair....but she's a very very YOUNG looking 60.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Nope.I'm 48 and have long hair. I will always have long hair (religious/cultural reasons/personal preference).

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I don't think age has anything to do with how good your hair looks at any length. What is more important is that your hair look clean and healthy, and that the style and color flatter your face and general appearance. If you don't have time for 'styling' but have an easy-care look that suits you, length doesn't matter. My only qualm with long hair (at any age) is when it just hangs there, scraggly looking, with a lot of split ends, no life, no attempt at a style. But then again, I've seen not-so-long hair look equally uncared-for.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think it can make people look older. IMO, long hair pulls down the face...if you already have weathered skin (sun exposure), or thinning hair, I'd go short. My mom is 75 and has long, thin hair. I keep trying to convince her, but she is firm.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No, I don't think so. YOU wear your hair how YOU want. Don't worry about what other people think. :)
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011