Have a date wih a 19yo tomorrow.....

He's my son, I am not a cougar, I promise...lol We are going out to lunch and a movie since he's home on Spring Break from college. Just wondering how many other moms go out with their adult kids and what do you guys usually do? My 24yo and I usually go out for lunch once a month and when they still lived close by my 20yo and my 23yo and I would go out to lunch or lunch and a movie as well. I am glad that we still have that close bond and that they like to hang out with me and with their dad (who my 24yo meets for lunch once a week and who my 19yo goes to lunch with when he is home n breaks) and with their dad and I (we go tosupper or supper and a movie 2-3 times a month and our 24yo comes over 2x's a week for supper). You always see the ?'s complaining about adult children...what about those of us who actually have good relationships with our adult children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I go to lunch with my 20 yr old daughter every week at least once. My 29 yr old son went with us when he was out of work. It's a great way to keep up with whats going on in their lives.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I took my son and his wife out for lunch last week when they were home for spring break.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My dd just turned 18 she still a senior and going to college an hour away but we are so close I can imagine we will see alot of eachother :) Have fun with your son!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yup, I go to lunch with my son and shopping sometimes. We were going to start a few short hikes together but then he moved out of state. When we visit we do projects together like hang drapes or home improvement stuff, shop, eat out , just relax, watch a movie together,etc. It's the best!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• lunch and a walk around a park or something would be nice so you can contiune (sp) catching up and then a movie to end the date.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 3:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Cheers! Some people do have good relations with their parents. Right on!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 9:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Right up until my oldest son moved to Florida with his wife and children, he and I had a date day about every other month. We have done it from the time he was 15 years old. We would have dinner or lunch, depending on the time...and then go to the movies or a museum. I do this now with my youngest son, who will be 17 in June. I have always believed it was a good way to get one on one time...talking and laughing together...quality time just with them.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My son who's 22 and in the Army now, and I will have dinner and a movie. Or lunch. We visit book stores. He's a wonderful writer so I listen to him talk about a book he wants to publish. If we can, we'll schedule time to go to Comic-Con when it comes to San Diego and if he's available. No matter what we're doing, it's always great mom/son time!
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 2:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011