Why are there so many mothers on here against inductions & act like its the devil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean medically necessary ones?
    I haven't seen this personally. That wouldn't be cool.
    :-(

A lot of women (like me) put health and safety as the priority so avoiding unnecessary risks is obviously very important!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think they're awful, personally....... the water will break when the baby is ready to come out. Why the rush? Pitocin is horrible, it's why there's so many c sections these days.

Also being induced just SUCKS..... having to be tethered to an IV pole, not able to walk, shower, eat, drink, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• popcorn

Anonymous

• There are women who believe that natural births are the way to go and there are other women who are comfortable with medical intervention. Unfortunately, some of those women (from both groups) do not understand that it is not their place to make or even influence the decisions of others. Similarly, some breastfeeding mothers feel the need to attack formula feeding mothers (and vice versa) as well as working vs. SAHM. Just ignore it, and make the decisions that you feel are best for your family, only you can make those decisions.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Note: I was induced with my first and had my ideal birth. My ideal birth may not be anywhere close to that of someone else. I was induced, given an epidural, slept through most of the labor, pushed when I was told to, and vaginally delivered a healthy baby. I had no complications and it was exactly how I hope it goes with this baby (although ideally not induced unless medically necessary, but I still want to be tethered to my IV, resting in the bed.) Some women don't realize that walking around, taking showers, having a water birth, etc. is not everyone's ideal birthing experience.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I personally know that I start having anxiety when I am tied to an IV and pretty much confined to a bed. No, I don't feel you are free to move around when you have to cart around a saline tree on wheels.

Also the way pitocin is generally administered it gets turned up every hour whether you are already experiencing the effects of it or not. Which makes for longer and harder to manage contractions.

I just feel that babies will most often come when they need to. Some of them need a little help.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Ya know i've asked the same thing myself.... Both my babies are healthy & happy. I don't have any werid side effects. They'll get over it!

=)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I guess its because of the ones who want it when both she and the child are perfectly fine,and the mom just wants the kid out early.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Beats me. I've had three inductions. We're all fine.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I don't know. I want to know why people think they're so bad. I was induced because of preclampsia (sp?), it just wasn't safe for me or DS to wait for me to go into labor naturally. It wasn't so bad. DS came out healthy and happy.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011