Recipes that I can make with preschoolers in a classroom?

what are some things that I can make in a classroom with around 10 preschoolers, 3,4,5? what are the instructions etc! Your ideas would be much appreciated!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 4:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My daughter's preschool class makes soups, cakes, muffins, cookies—at least one of these a week. The important thing is dividing up the work so each kid gets to add something and do some stirring.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When I taught preschool we did applesauce and homemade playdoh. i google ideas all the time! Its a big help.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• English Muffin Pizzas , That way each child can put their own toppings on .
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I cooked after reading books that tied food in.....blueberry muffins for Blueberries for Sal, Pancakes for Pancakes, Pancakes, Pizza with Pizza Man. The kids always remembered the books when they were tied to food.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have made ice cream with a kindergarten class. It was very easy and there were few ingredients. I am thinking you just need salt, ice, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. I would try it at home first.

If I am remembering correctly, you put the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a quart sized ziplock bag and seal...then put that bag into a gallon sized bag that is about half full of ice and salt. Shake, shake, and shake some more! The kids took turns. I had them help me fill the bags, then sit in a circle and pass several "batches" around the circle so everyone got a lot of turns "shaking". It came out pretty good too!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Is there an oven?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes, we have an oven in our classroom :)
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011