How do i get over my and my SO's past, that has nothing to do w/ each other?!

Okay so I've often had this problem of "living in the past", where I find myself often thinking about the past and/or relating things to the past. I did have a traumatic experience with an ex (abuse/assault/court trial involved) that I thought was the cause. But now I find myself caring, wondering, thinking about my SO's life before me- and a lot about one ex of his in particular. I read his journal once, in the beginning, and I think it ruined part of my image of him. So how do I get over all this?? And stop thinking/living in the past?? Any practical tips/advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• No two relationships are the same, and people change over time. Who you are today is not who you were a few years ago, and the same with him.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We all change, situations change, times change. Try to concentrate on your future.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• focus on your guys relationship , keep your eyes open , go with your gut
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You reallys shouldnt snoop when you cant handle what you find, why are youworried about and ex who is probably long gone, STOP NOW
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011