Uh 2 year olds lol!

so this is the second time my son has locked me out when i run out to put my 4 year old on her school bus. what a lil monster i dont understand how he does it. when i ask him to show me how he locks it he doesnt know how. hmmm what to do wit him while i run out quick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son does this to his dad all the time we have just had to start takeing him with us
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 4:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'd take him along with ya honestly. I realize its quick but small children like that gets into a lot of trouble quickly lol My daughter is three & she gets into a whole heck of a lot of stuff in a matter of seconds!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My daughter has locked me out twice. I just make sure I grab my keys if I am running outside to take out the garbage etc
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I never leave my 2 1/2 year old inside the house by himself for even a second.... I know how much damage he can do in no time flat. So yeah, even if I just go out to get the mail, he's coming with me!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good luck mama! :/
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just take him with you until he learns he is getting in trouble if he locks the door and won't open it. My son learned young to lock doors. They learn because they always see you do it when you leave the house or a room and they assume that's what youre suppose to do. My son locked himself in a room a time or two. I just picked the lock so it wasn't that big of a deal. He still does it now at 3 but he understands " If you don't unlock this door RIGHT NOW you're going in time out!" I'd just take him with you if you know he has that problem and you can't quickly fix it.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 8:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100159070/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

this is for 6 dollars at home depot. its cool because when ur running outside to take ur dd to the bus u flip this and close the door it wont close all the was and u wont get looked out. i love this. and its easy for mommy to put it up

knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Whenever I have to run outside real quick I leave the door open and keep the screen door closed. Then he is able to watch me and doesn't bother messing with the handles. Plus screen doors are harder to lock. Just keep your keys on hand :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• start taking your key with you. lol sounds like a stinker :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• he is a lil stinker!!! lol he knows how to lock it but not how to unlock it. i knock on the door n tell him to unlock it n he knocks back n says who is it? come in!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011