What do you think

My bf and I have been arguing a lot lately. I am just so tired of being told that the stuff I do isn't up to standards. I treat this man like gold. I do way more than I really should. Anyway last night he asked me a question that I didn't know how to answer it. He asked me How I think I treat him... I know how I treat him but I also know how he thinks I treat him. So i didn't answer him because I didn't want to argue..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd have told him how I think I treat him. I'd point out all of the things I do for him and tell him that I'm tired of being made to feel like crap and that if he thinks I am treating him bad, I can arrange it. My hubby has learned that it's best to suggest things I could try (ex: are you using a new seasoning because it was a little stronger salt flavor last night). Making me feel bad or stupid doesn't work well. If he flat out said "there was too much salt in the food last night, don't you ever cook anything decent?!" I'd have made sure to pour the whole dang container in the next meal lol It's all about how you say something that makes it a mean or a constructive thing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• And hey, don't just not talk because you don't want an argument. If you can't talk, then you've got problems. It's not good to shut down the lines of communication. If you have to, say you'd rather think about how to word it for a minute but don't shut down.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would have told him about all those little things that you said you shouldnt have to do that you are doing for him....... and be honast and point out everything you do and HE might then see how you are REALLY treating him!! I do things... I lay out my BF's cloths for him every morning so he can just get dressed and get outta here cause he is usually in a hurry or if he needs something I do the running around for him like sometimes getting a part for something or even as little as his lunch!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2008