I'm so pissed..what would you do? (i have no idea what category this goes in)

i just called PumpItUp (inflatable party-place) to confirm my reservation for my ds's party next month, and had a few questions about it. (i just got it in the mail, along with their invites.)
the person i talked to, who turned out to be the same one who took my reservation just last friday, was extremely rude to me, talking over me, rather than letting me ask my question. last friday, when i phoned, she had been interrupted several times due to a party coming in the door..and i was getting a different explanation of pricing TODAY than i did last friday. i swear she didn't say the things then that she just now said, by way of pricing-package.

i stopped her and told her i didn't appreciate her tone, and she quickly said i'd paid the deposit, nonrefundable, for 'that package'..and hung up!! i called her back!
i'm so pissed..and i can't get my deposit back, supposedly. and my ds is sooo looking forward to having his party there..but i hate that i'm giving her business! i want to go punch her in the face!!!
and i'm not even on my period!!! lol!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Is she the owner?

That blows, I totally am one to tell off someone who is acting like that lol Well if you cant get your refund back then muscle through the party & afterwards make sure she knows that you were displeased & will not be needing her services in the future. Also make sure to mention you will let your friends & family know of the awful service you received. That is what I do when situations like this arise, good luck.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The sacrifices we make for our children's happiness.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I bet if you go down there she'll change her tone. THEN you demand to see her boss, get a price that she qouted you last friday in writing and if not get your money back. DEMAND IT BACK...... U r paying for a childs party for a good time... not some nasty moody attitude to set the mood all wrong for others to be offended by with her ( when there) and then make a complaint. SHE is not the only one that works there.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Unfortunately if she is the owner, your screwed. Call the BBB and leave negative feedback on the business. If your really pissed and have a local newspaper - write a letter. I live in a very small town and have seen letters about bad business practices and rude behavior.

laura67-boo

Answer by laura67-boo at 4:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• owner or not.... if you continue through with this party she will continue to treat people this way. Do you really want the atmosphere to be tanted with her bitchiness and hatefulness?????? YOU are the customer, your money pays her bills. Do some research on line about the company and the owner/operator... then make some calls.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Rude is rude.Call her boss and if she is the boss give her a ranting she won't soon forget.word of mouth can kill a small business fast.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Mel..yes, i asked if she was the owner or manager, and she said she was. i was completely ready to take it to the top!
    its not the pricing i had a problem with...heck, its a couple hundred for a party of 14+birthday child (smallest party-package)..so that's certainly not the issue. she was so freaking rude! i even told her i didn't have a problem with the cost...ugh!
    you can be sure i'll let everyone know about this..and yeah, we'll never use it again!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If your really pissed and have a local newspaper - write a letter. I live in a very small town and have seen letters about bad business practices and rude behavior.-

laura..you were reading my mind....i've done it before, and i'll do it again..right after the party!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I refuse to ever go back to Pump it Up. When I made my son's reservation I asked them the total cost and I made my deposit. The day of the party they gave me a different total and they expected me to pay $40 in tips when the people doing the party were testing the entire time.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• * texting
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011