Was it a good experience the first time you met your DH parents?

I know this can be good or bad, anyone want to share?

stella73

Asked by stella73 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My LP's father died years before we got together. His mother and I spoke on the phone before meeting. It went very well. She is a very eccentric, friendly woman who would be difficult to NOT get along with. I will say that one of the first times she met me we were...ahem...busy...and she practically jumped up and down thinking about grandchildren from day one!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I met his mom before we were together.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Excellent experience! They are so kind and loving and they welcomed me into their home and I've never been uncomfortable around them. There was the initial language barrier, but once I picked up on enough Spanish that hasn't been a big deal (and thank goodness for Google translate).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No i kinda had a wardrobe malfunction ,and it was not a good one.But i survived it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 6:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• the 1st time i met them was good. they acted like they liked me alot. it was after a few months that their true colors came out.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011