Check up today.. 38 weeks-- I was 2cm dilated and 50 percent effaced...

last week I was 1cm dilated and not effaced at all..
its baby number three-- they say if I dont go before the 13th I need to be induced for medical reasons--

Anyone go super fast after they hit this spot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• HOW EXCITING!
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sorry with my first I was 4 cm dilated for about 3 weeks and then had to be induced. With my second I can't remember what I was dilated although I did go very fast with him. Because I went so fast with my second and my first although induced only lasted 4 hours, I had to be induced with my 3rd.

Good Luck and Congrats!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good for you, you're getting there!! I was walking around 4cm dilated and overdue by 10 days with my 2nd child, so I guess i'm not the one to ask!! However, once labor started it did go fast.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was stuck in the same boat with my daughter I was 2cm and 50% efaced. and a week past my due date. I was having back labor the entire time and of course the nurses thought I was nuts because the contractions wouldnt read on the monitor. However they sent me home and and I ended up going back a few hours later after taking a warm bath. however I was still at 2 cms and the hospital I went to had a whirlpool tub so I got in it and 20 mins later I was ready to deliver. Hope it helps
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It all depends, I think... I know people who are dilated for weeks before anything happens.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011