What does your kid do that drives you bananas?

We all know that we love and cherish our children, their poop smells like fresh apple pie and their boogers are like gold...but lets be real....our kids do things that make us want to run into the street tearing our hair out....tell me what it is and I promise it will be our little secret lol.
Kelley-Christina (4) repeats herself over and over and over again...it doesnt matter if I've responded to her, if I'm giving her my undivided attention...whatever...she will say the same thing 5 zillion times in a row. Also she badgers our chihuahua to death and then when he starts messing with her she wants to act like she's the innocent victim...which is usually kind of funny but gets old (he's not biting or hurting her in any way, just playing with her)

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• My almost 9 year old will, if you're say watching TV with him, immediately tell you about what you just watched with him and repeat the dialogue. Aghh!! I'm right here AND I can see and hear!!

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Any movie I watch with my 2 1/2 year old, he'll ask what seems like every 5 seconds "what happened?", "what happened?", "what happened?". Drives me NUTS!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My oldest just can not be silent. He even talks in his sleep!
    My youngest screams at everything! All the time. He has terrific verbal skills and a huge vocab and yet he prefers to scream.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my daughter plays the victim a lot and it annoys me. She's a terrible hypochondriac ... drives us ALL bananas.

son has "inappropriate laughter" and also nervous giggles that we're so exhausted on correcting him about that we try to ignore it but instead it drives us batty
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My 17 month old son will laugh at me when i tell him no. It's so frustrating! But his little smile always melts my heart.. even when im upset haha. makes it so hard to follow through with discipline.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My 5 year old mocks/copies what I do and say and that can get on my nerves after about 5 minutes. She thinks it's soooo funny.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• whining
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My 18 month old son thinks when I say "Come here" I really mean "Run away!" You'd think I'd be super-skinny from chasing him around all the time, but no.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my daughter whines! i ask her to repeat herself in a very deep voice, and it helps! my son is going through an odd phase of just screaming. it is awful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh, with the repeating...have you tried repeating her? so if she says, mama i like ice cream...then you say do you like ice cream? and use the same tone and inflection that she uses. it might help.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011