IM SOOO WORRIED!

Ok so im like 5 1/2 -6 weeks prego and went to the dentist before i knew what i was and got xrays of my teeth at like 3 weeks could that harm my child im so nervous i mean it was quite a embryo yet ughh so nerve racking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call up your doctor and ask. They're usually really good about taking questions from expectant moms. Hopefully it will help to ease your mind.
    gratefulmom913

Answer by gratefulmom913 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Agreed...call your doctor. You have to think about all the people that drink, smoke, etc that don't know they are pregnant yet. I'm sure you'll be just fine. You aren't the first woman to have this happen. Just take a deep breath and call your dr. to be sure.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• a similar thing happened to me! i didn't know i was pregnant when i got my dental xrays. that turned out to be a twin pregnancy! i didn't want to ask anyone about it, because it was too late!
    i do know that the xray machines are not as bad as they used to be. a chiropractic xray has less radiation than a flight across america.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You didn't know...and I seriously doubt anything terrible happened. Think of the women who do crack from conception to their delivery room...women who don't stop drinking or shooting heroin. Whenever I freak out about eating deli meat I didn't "heat to steaming" or worry about the medicine I took before I knew I was pregnant...I try to think of the babies that are born healthy in spite of these TERRIBLE conditions. If the body is capable of overcoming all that and (the poor babies)...I am sure your dental x-rays at 3 weeks is VERY minor!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I got x rays of my back before I knew I was pregnant and all was well.
    tgh46737

Answer by tgh46737 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Just talk to your dr, I am sure they can ease your mind a bit.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011