What is something you were so glad you brought with you when you delivered? Or something you REALLY wished you brought!

for your hospital stay!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The kind of picture frame people can sign... I did it with my first son and forgot with my second and it was great to go back and read the well wishes from those who came to see me. Also, little snacks for after delivery, i got the munches at night! My laptop! We posted pics right away for out of town family.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Wish I brought more comforts from home like my fave pillow/blanket so I didn't feel so institutional

I am GLAD I brought snacks, drinks, lots of stuff for my hubby and several dif. sizes of baby clothes for pictures since you really have no clue what will or wont be fitting. Some babies wear preemie size, others go home in 6mos size
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My best friend. We were both L&D nurses and I wanted her more than my husband. LOL. I should have known that would mean something....(now divorced.)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• With the first I really wished I had laid out an emergency stash for DH to go get. I ended up with an ER C-Sec and had to send him home for more clothes for me and the baby. He had to call me 3 times to find it all!

I am glad I packed my own pads. Though they were provided, the hospital ones sucked.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm glad I brought a boppy pillow.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wished I would have brought snacks/goodies from home... pillows... music...
    We brought our video camera but didnt use it :( so next time even if its just set up in a corner & set to record would be better..
    Bath products-- about 1hr after birth or so I HAD to take a bath & it would have been nicer to have my own stuff..

I did a bad job packing my first time around... lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• im glad that i brought my own pillow, pj's, blanket and MyBestFriend nursing pillow.....oh and also my Bath and Body Works lotion. I wish i would have brought my own toilet paper.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I packed a whole suitcase but only used my toothbrush and hairbrush...........lol
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was so happy and comfortable because I had brought my own big comfy oversized pjs and warm socks, my own pillow and blanket, my own bath stuff. I packed a bag for baby with different sized clothes and his own blankets and other little items. My husband had got the blue bubble gum cigar candys and real cigars to hand out to the men and we had a blue puppy for our visitors to sign, i wish i had brought my laptop and my own camera. I forgot mine at home so after i got home i had to hunt everyone down who had a camera, and we had a video camera, lots of snacks and drinks, my mother in law even got a cookie cake welcoming our little guy in to the world :) good luck to you :) just meanwhile make a list of items that you are most comfortable with on a daily basis & keep on the ice box or somewheres visible in case your hubby has to go home to get it, even pack babys back and keep in the car :)
    ljsav08

Answer by ljsav08 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• a book i was bored until things started really moving
    or music so i could have passed time and used it to relax me
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011