HELP FEELING VERY GUILTY!

Quit smoking the minute I found out I was pregnant and then at six n a half months I started to take a drag here and there by seven months I was averaging a cig a day. My due date is in five days and now I am starting to feel VERY GUILTY and I am so scared I harmed the baby....even though everything looks great and she is weighing approximately 9 pounds.....SHOULD I BE WORRYING LIKE THIS AND CAUSING STRESS AT THIS TIME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I hate to sound harsh but really why cry over spilled milk right? It is what it is and you can only go forward. No you should not have smoked but you did and now you hsve to move forward, dont make it worse by stressing. It's over and now you can do what is best for all of you by quitting again! You have time to fix it, don't stress! Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Hard to say. I've had friends that had perfectly healthy children and smoked a pack a day. Then I've had friends that had deaf children with severe respiratory problems from smoking. Please stop now! You can't change the past few months, all you can do is change today and forward. It may only be 5 days left, but at least it's 5 less days of your sweet baby having to ingest that smoke. I'm an occasional smoker too, but I quit all 3 times immediately. I went back to occasionally smoking after they were born, but never around them. Just picture your sweet baby coughing and cigs will gross you out and you won't want them anymore.

I know you were probably looking for something a bit more comforting, but it is what it is. Just do right by your baby now and moving forward.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No, it's very very doubtfull you've hurt the baby, I would worry!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There is no reason right now to beat yourself up . . . you do need to stop, though. Kids who are exposed to parents who smoke, even when the smoking is done outside, are at a higher instance of SIDS, asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems. It also makes your children more likeley to grow up to be smokers.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I smoked during both my pregnancies and though I'm not proud, I am thankfully that I've delivered two healthy beautiful children that god blessed me with, whatever is God's will, will happen regardless if you smoked a cigarette.
    tgh46737

Answer by tgh46737 at 3:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Stop smokin think of ur unborn baby stop being selfish...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think all you can do is move forward and know what you need to do for the best possibly future for your child.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011