Squishing and squeezing my poor boobies! Help! PIOG

Is it normal to have to squeeze my breasts in order to hear swallows from my baby while nursing? He seems frustrated at the breast sometimes, like he might not be getting much milk if I'm not squeezing my breasts. I am not sure if he is getting a good enough latch. I usually have to wait a while for him to open his mouth very wide or if he cries to shove my breast in his mouth. He has a fairly small mouth and his TOP frenulum is short. We are seeing the ear/nose/throat doctor on the 31st to see of we can get it clipped in an office visit (not an operation). But until then I don't know what I should do. Should I keep squeezing my breasts while he nurses? Also my nipples are sore, not bleeding, but sore.

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he may have a tough time latching on. talk to a lactation expert.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When baby doesn't have a tight top frenulum, it's not normal. But in your case... it's normal and par for the course till it's fixed.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• And yes... keep doing precisely as you are for now. If you get the frenulum fixed, you can stop squeezing.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011