Husband & I

never had a wedding. We went to the court house and got married. Honestly I perferred it that way BUT my husband is a hopeless romantic & wants a wedding. ( I KNOW LUCKY ME!) Our third anniversy is comming up and we want to renew our vows on our 5th anniv.

Since we didn't have a wedding should I do a traditional wedding & have the "wedding gown" and all that wedding stuff or should I keep it simple.

Husband wants to go all out but I feel like its not a wedding, its just renewing our vows. What do you think? I'm torn....

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You should do whatever you both agree on. It is definitely fine for you to have a "real" wedding, but if you aren't comfortable, maybe you could compromise with a more simple gown and an intimate ceremony with your family and closest friends.
    morrigan219

Answer by morrigan219 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just do it! Every girl deserves a wedding gown
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Depends. Can you find someone to actually marry you again? You might have to do a renewal of your vows. But, you should still be able to have a full ceremony. I'm not sure how that works out. I think you can have the ceremony just how you want (dresses and flowers and such), it's just that the words part may not be the same as if it was the wedding part. You have to talk to whoever will do the service.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• that sounds so sweet. I myself talked hubby into a simple one. I myself) cant see spending hundreds of dollars on a dress that is only going to be worn once, to sit in a closest turning yellow for years. I'd rather see family and friends get together for the the price. But again..... my honey is the most amazing too, but for me thats wasting and I dont believe a happy loving marriage is about how much it cost. Good luck
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think that you should go all out and do it all up. Make your husband happy, since the first way made you happy.
    In the end it'll really be something special for you both. You don't have to do a huge gown, it can be a simple gown, just make sure that it's a wedding gown.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Whatever you both can agree on.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Since your husband wants a big wedding and you don't, maybe you 2 can compromise... have a small one. Maybe he wants the whole experience of watching you walk towards him looking like a princess & telling everyone that you 2 have chosen each other. It won't hurt to celebrate your love with your close friends & family. You may love it!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Go for it!I got married in the back of a stout shop.A large bra the size to fit an elephant was what i walked under to get to the back room.It lasted a few minutes and bam alam i was married.I never had a wedding of any kind,and i wish my dh would want to but ...i guess not.But Go for it!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 6:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i had a courthouse wedding too, only im the one who wants a real wedding. we want to do it on our 5th aniverery too. we dont plan on going all out, but i do want a nice dress (maybe $200, not more) and flowers and all that stuff. so it would be a simple, inexspensive wedding type thing.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I say go all out. many people do it, and if some people find it odd or what not then they can just stay home.
    It's your day, have fun.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011