Christmas gift for teacher?

I got a $10 gift card at a teacher supply store and will probably put the card in a cute mug with hershey kisses or something. Is $10 too much/too little/just right? What do you guys think of this as a gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• little pocket lotions and creams for nails nail polish and mugs with coffee.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• that is cute...before reading the post i thought mug with candy..the only thing about the supply store is they teach as a living don't want it for christmas....get her something for her too!!! it don't have to be expisive.

teacher

mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I disagree with the PP, teachers DO like gift cards to supply stores -- they spend a lot out of pocket for their classrooms. That being said, they love ANY sort of gift cards! Target, Home Depot, Walmart, etc are GREAT choices!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We do the gift cards for Target, Walmart instead of suppy stores because that way if they want to buy things for themselves or family they can. Also those stores sell a lot of things they can use in their classroom if they want to go that route. That being said, my Mom was a teacher so she got a lot of mugs, christmas ornaments, candles, etc. The only stuff she really used were the gift cards and the christmas ornaments. The coffee mugs took up too much room in her cupboards after awhile, and she really wasn't a big candle person.
    lasfl

Answer by lasfl at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Oh, about the amount, I think $10 is just fine. It is whatever you want to give.
    lasfl

Answer by lasfl at 4:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I think it's perfect.
    CuZ-Im-tHe-BoSS

Answer by CuZ-Im-tHe-BoSS at 7:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My son's teacher asked for something for the class, not hersself. We will be putting together an art supply basket as a "class gift", but we will also be getting something for just her (a $15 gift card to Target...she deserves it!

Teachers get soooo many mugs, ornaments and such...we wanted to get her something she could use...
    Anonymous

• My daughter's teacher loves tea. She has her own personal little tea pot in the class to brew tea in, so I'm getting her a gift basket full of tea, 11 different flavors. The TA, I'm going to pick up something Pooh, since that's what she likes.

My son's teacher loves pugs, so I'm going to do something with pugs for her. The TA is a sort of unknown, and going off what the teacher said, I think I'll get her a Starbucks gift card and a small box of chocolates.

I gave a large box of school supplies at the beginning of the year to each kids' teacher, so that's covered.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 2:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think your idea is a very good one and she will like it. Last year we got my daughters teach an ornament that said #1 teacher. we also gave the crossing guards a card and $5.00 gift card to starbucks. Didnt want to leave them out. They are out very day rain,shine, wind. You name it so that made them feel special.
    DopeyD

Answer by DopeyD at 10:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If it helps at all, when I was a kid I would get my teacher a card (or make one) and then I would buy her a pin that she could wear, I think it was a chalkboard that said something like A+ teacher.
    She loved it and wore it all the time. So I would say keep in mind, get her something that she can also use on herself,or for her class, or I would say just get her something that will show her how good of a teacher she is and how much you appreciate her. I think $10 is perfectly fine, too much I think would be anything over $25.
    Rachel_88

Answer by Rachel_88 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2008