Any one try my baby can read?

my daughter is 8 months old and im looking for things at her age that she can learn from

michaelasmom714

Asked by michaelasmom714 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rip off , don't buy it. Actually take the time to sit down and read to them, that will TRULY inspire them to read and understand how to read, instead of plopping them in front of the t.v. JMO
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i did but my son was a lot older so he wouldnt sit still so i felt like i wasted money on it. luckly it was just the first volume
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 5:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have heard it's awesome...but it only teaches them repition with the words they provide. It doesn't actually teach them to read. But I say even knowing a few words that early on is better than nothing. Go for it! They sell it at Wal Mart now too for cheaper than the informercials.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My friend got it for her daughter and she said it was awesome. It takes a little patience of course.. but overall it was worth it. She was also a little bit older... closer to 1 when she started it.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 5:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Here is my take on babies learning to read. If they learn too early, what are they going to do in kindergarten, first grade, and on and on? They will 1. Be bored or 2. Read beyond their level in school until they've read any and everything available to them up to a point that the level they can read on is not appropriate material for them to be reading. Let a baby be a baby. There are plenty of ways to stimulate a baby's mind and development without trying to teach her to read. BTW: My 2nd child started reading on her own in kindergarten and is gifted in reading. By 5th grade, she was reading on a 12th grade level. She's in a magnet school now, in 7th grade. Kid #1 read on an above average level, she's in college now. Kid #3 barely reads at grade level (5th grade). She hates to read - would rather do anything but read. MY POINT? Your child will learn to read. Whether or not she likes or excels at it isn't up to you.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's such a huge waste of money! Read some advice from "experts" - most of them do not recommend it.

Answer by missanc at 7:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• yepp waste of money

Mommy.Of.Two.

Answer by Mommy.Of.Two. at 9:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have your baby can read. My son will be one this month and he now watches the whole video and is very happy while he is watching it. I feel like it is a very educational video. I also use the books and the word cards.
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 10:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think Sesame Street is a better show as it has way more variety - numbers, charachters, Elmo, Grover Superhero oh,and we can't forget Cookie Monster - Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum....... I grew up with it and our DD will too.........
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• thank u to everyone for your answers
    michaelasmom714

Comment by michaelasmom714 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2011