My s/o asked me permission to give his mom my phone number ,,, she asked for it.

she is a cool lady but when she is on the phone with him she blabbers for a loooong time and i don't have anything in common with her to talk about. if i tell him don't give her my number,she will connect the dots and know i refused. on the other hand chatting on the phone with her would be painful, he gets so bored talking to her on the phone because she asks the same question like 5 times so i don't want to deal with it. help!!!!

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you plan on staying with this guy for a long time(marriage)? You should tell him Yes. If it is you cell. You just do not have to answer. Caller ID and all.

Answer by louise2 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yep. Caller ID and voicemail. She may be one of those lonely older ladies. If you take a call, you can always start by saying, "I only have a minute." And then cut the call off yourself: "Sorry, I really have to go."

There are a couple of very nice older ladies who call my newsroom at strange hours of the day and night, to ask about earthquakes and the weather, and I can tell they're just lonely. Since I'm on deadline, I'm pleasant but brief.. I answer the questions and then tell them I really have to go.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Simple. That is what caller ID + voicemail is for : )
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What does she want to talk to you about? lol... just always be super busy and almost out the door when she calls..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• pleasant and brief...... then caller ID and voice mail. maybe a few times of hello mom how ya wouldn't hurt. I wouldnt really NOT give his mother the #. what if something happened.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You could find things in common with her by talking to her. Give her a chance. You don't have to accept every single phone call that she makes, just ever so often. You can always stop the conversation whenever you want and end the call with her. You don't have to have a hour long conversation with her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You might find that you do have things in common. Use your caller ID and voicemail if you find you have a difficult time talking with her.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with spottedpony. just because someone calls doesn't mean you have to talk to them.
    if you are on the phone and you don't want to talk long, then tell her you have to go somewhere. if that doesn't work, you may want to talk to you SO about it.

but for now, I'd just let him give her the number and go from there.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011