When did you take your childs pacifier away?

My son quit taking his paci.around 6 months but I have heard of people repacing their childs bottle with a paci. But isn't that a little old for a paci?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD was 2 when I took it away.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I never gave my kids pacifiers. My friends kids were all off their pacifiers by a year old.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Ow wow, that seems early to me. My son switched from a bottle to a sippy cup at 4 months, in his own crib in his own room by 1 year and at 2 years old I still let him have his bink for naps, bedtime and if we go out to help keep him quiet if he gets upset. I plan on having him off the bink and on the potty well before he turns three.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• One.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My son was 6-7 months old when he just decided he didn't want it anymore, or at least that's the way I took it. He just started taking it out of his He hasn't used one since.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have never try it, becuse i know if the baby used to it, it is hard to get rid of it.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Drs say 9 months is the easiest time. But really, there is no easier time. I took it away at night one night and it took them 3 days of screaming in the crib to forget about it altogether. You definitely don't wanna a toddler over 18 months running around with a pacifier. If they can talk, they don't need a pacifier anymore.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• **out of his mouth and throwing it.*** not sure where that part of my response got lost.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• DD gave hers up when she was 2.5(she could olny have it at bed time)
    moe7e

Answer by moe7e at 5:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• At 2 I took it away except for nap time and bedtime. It was gone before they were 3.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011