SHOULD I BE MAD.....

OR LET IT GO?

MY EMMA 5 YR HAS FREQUENT NOSE BLEEDS BUT AT SCHOOL THEY NEVER CALL AND LET ME KNOW SHE HAD ONE ONLY TO FIND OUT WHEN SHE GETS HOME WITH A NEW SHIRT ON AND I ASK HER WHY SHE HAS A NEW SHIRT , SHE THEN GIVES ME THE BLOODY ONE WITH NO NOTE FROM THE NURSE OR TEACHER....I WANNA KNOW SO AT HER CHECKUPS I CAN FIGURE OUT WHY THIS HAPPENS

justgg

Asked by justgg at 5:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• somethime school and teachers do anyoing things, yes u should be mad
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If she is taking any steroids that can cause it. Asthma meds, some antibiotics do also. I would upset with the school that they aren't calling you to bring her a shirt but, i don't like my kids wearing other peoples things.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would call the office immediately. Not professional at all....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes you should be mad... My son has bad kidneys... So any citric acid just destroys his stomach. He will throw up randomly, and it's happened a lot at school, THEY NEVER CALL ME!!! It's so frustrating
    LadyWilliams84

Answer by LadyWilliams84 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just inform the school that you would like to be notified when they happen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• SHE IS NOT TAKING ANY MEDS OR HAS ASTHMA ..SHE IS VERY UNDERWEIGHT AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN BUT BOTH HER PARENTS ARE ON BLOOD THINNERS AND MAYBE THATS THE REASON BUT I'M NOT TOO SURE.. EVEN IF SHE BUMBS HER NOSE IT BLEEDS.....GROSS AND WEIRD!
    justgg

Comment by justgg (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You should make her a doctor appointment. Constant nosebleeds aren't normal.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would let the school know that you are concerned that you would like to be notiified when this happens. In cold weather nose bleeds are very common. If she has them a lot but NOT at school then they prob just dont know any better. You need to let them know that this is something that is frequent with her. Just to change her shirt they should have at least sent a note home! GL and I hope she is ok and you figure out whats going on!! =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No need to get mad. Just change it. Call and let them know that you need to keep track of this happening for her pediatrician and would like a call or a note home everytime it happens. Both sides will be happy this way. Good luck.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There is no reason to get mad. They cannot read minds and may not know that you are concerned with the nosebleeds. The ONLY way the school will know is if you tell them. Call the principal or school nurse and let them know your concerns and that you are keeping track because you are trying to find out why she is getting them so much. Also, make an appointment with her doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011