DH asked a question that got me thinking....

Our 1yo is such a daddys girl!! I love it!! (I had a really close bond with our 9yo when she was 1.) He wants to know why she has attached to him so much. I am a SAHM. I breastfed her. I read to her all the time and of course, my favorite, play with her. DH works and when he leaves, she screams and is so upset just staring out the window for 10 min! (TOO cute, and a little sad!) He just asked, "why is that?" I just told him, some children bond with one parent more than the other at different stages, and right now, daddy is her No. 1. Is there any other explanation?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 5:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's pretty much it. She may feel more comfortable with him as well. It can change back and forth as they get older as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It comes & goes with each parent. Our 3yo will be daddy obsessed for a while then mommy obsessed for a bit. I have seen friends children though that become obsessed with one parent for a really long time like a year or more! Our daughter hasent every really done that well it did take our daughter a long time to warm up to daddy at the start of her life like almost two years but thats it lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think you were right about the bonding. My daughter loves me but she is so her Daddy's girl. :) It was immediate for the two of them and it really hasn't changed. She's almost 3.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 5:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I imagine it's the same with little kids as with older people - there are just some people with whom we click. Of course with parents, they love and need both of them, so there may be some back and forth depending on what the kid is going through and what they need more right then. It's really sweet that she loves Daddy so much.. :)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011